This is a really simple example of employer branding.
Here’s the how and why:
- I sent Matt, our new Head of Sales, a Slack message about how much we value writing emails.
- After sending it, I realized that this could give outsiders a look inside our culture.
- I took a screenshot of the message.
- I turned it into a LinkedIn post as a way to a) speak to something that is uniquely different about us, while b) introducing and acknowledging a new team member.
- This whole process was completely authentic and inspired in the moment––nothing was planned.
This is about as un-fancy as employer branding gets. But it tells a real story that resonates deeply with those who align with our cultural DNA.
Moral of the story: Don’t put your EB in a box.
P.S. Feel free to reach out, connect, and welcome Matt to the team. He’s incredibly smart and thoughtful and we’re thrilled to have him.