20-second read (+watch the video: 0:59)
There’s a white space in Employer Branding:
Using micro-events to create brand awareness with small groups of highly qualified candidates.
Here’s how I’m thinking about this:
Your senior leaders host virtual “fireside chat” conversations with their peers to discuss relevant industry topics: sales, engineering, marketing, CS, leadership, culture, etc.
- These are invite-only for a small, highly qualified audience.
- Your recruiters extend invitations to the top candidates in their active/passive pipelines.
- Offer a strong Q&A component.
- You're creating content at scale: Record the event, turn the audio into a podcast, turn the video into clips for social, and write a companion blog post.
- Your recruiters can be content-led in both follow-up and new outreach to candidates.
- This is 100% about brand and value. YOU DO NOT PITCH YOUR JOBS!
If you do this on a consistent basis, you will build up so much brand equity with your audience that the rest will take care of itself.
James Hornick and I are back this week with an all-new Employer Content Show. And we’ve decided to add some Q&A to the mix. Bring your Q’s and we’ll try to provide the A’s.
Wednesday, 3/3 at 12 pm PST
Topic: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗛𝗶𝗿𝗲