Most basic concepts are masked by fancy terminology.
And it muddles communication while confusing and alienating industry outsiders.
So here’s a simple breakdown of some of the terms that I often throw around––at least as I see them:
- Employer Brand = What your candidates and employees believe true or not about what it’s like to work at your company.
- Employer Branding = “Hi, employees and candidates, meet our company and people.”
- Recruitment Marketing = Marketing strategies applied to employer branding. Aka, distribution of content.
- Content = “Hi, employees and candidates, meet our company and people in audio, visual, and written format.”
- Candidate Experience = How well you treat your candidates.
That’s it. Let’s keep it simple.
Because the only thing that matters is the tactical execution of each.