20-second read | Join in on LinkedIn here
Recruiting software engineers? Here’s a simple cheat sheet for creating content:
What engineers want (general overview):
- Back to basics: Work-life balance over comp. (Money still matters though.)
- Transparency with compensation upfront.
- Remote work.
- To build a cool product that people touch all the time. (If yours isn’t this, sell the “why” behind the vision.)
- Creative runway.
- The cool factor of the product matters more.
- They want to learn, learn, learn.
- They want to gain experience in order to level up in a role at their next company in 2-3yrs. (Let’s face reality here.)
- How is the team I’m joining structured?
- How does the team I’m joining work together?
- Who’s the manager? Are they good? How do they think about the problems they’re solving?
- What will be my impact and responsibility?
Consider this your foundation––the place you design from.
If you’re enjoying Nate is Learning, I’d be super grateful if you told your friends.