Think back to someone who was a great collaborator.
Why did you work so well together?
Chances are, it was because:
- They challenged your closely held beliefs
- You had shared buy-in on the project
- Your values were aligned
- They were fun and enjoyable to be around
- You believed in the same mission and vision
- They taught you new things
- You had shared life experiences
- You easily overcame differences of opinion
- You both understood the risks involved
- You respected each other
(I could list dozens more.)
All of which will never show up on their resume.
So what does this mean for in-house recruiting teams?
It means that they need to be asking themselves two very important questions:
- What makes a great collaborator?
- How can we source for this?
It's what rallies people of all stripes to do, build, make, and create—together.
And it's worth figuring out.
Like, share, and comment on LinkedIn here